NOMINATIONS: March 3, 2014 - March 6, 2014
This is where we ask you, our fans, to submit your favorite workout song. Remember, we’ll also be receiving nominations from our trainers, celebrity friends and athletes. Based on the submissions, we will seed the 32 song bracket for the guys and the 32 song bracket for the ladies in our 2014 March Music Madness tournament at www.MarchMusicMadness.com
To nominate a song, follow these instructions:
Visit www.MarchMusicMadness.com. Enter your favorite workout song and connect your Facebook account to submit your nomination. Enter the remaining nominator details, including:
- - First Name
- - Last Name
- - Email Address
- - Team Girls or Team Guys
- - Member of Gold’s Gym
- - Song Details
- - Charity Details
- - Agree to the Terms & Conditions
If multiple people nominate the same song, the person who was the first to nominate it will be chosen.
A team of fitness and music experts will review all of the submissions to seed the brackets.
You will be notified by email if your nomination was selected to be on the bracket.
If your original song nomination is chosen and your song is crowned the Battle of the Sexes Ultimate Workout Song, Gold's Gym will make a $5,000 donation in your name to the charity of your choice! (Note: only one $5,000 donation will be made on behalf of the individual who was first to nominate the winning song.)
The bracket showing the list of the people responsible for nominating each song and the charity they are playing for will be live at www.MarchMusicMadness.com on March 17, 2014.
VOTING: March 17, 2014 - April 10, 2014
- On www.MarchMusicMadness.com, click the "Start Voting" button or click on an album icon.
- Click "Connect with Facebook" to begin voting. You’ll be required Login to your Facebook account.
- To play a song to help make your decision, click the album icon (Spotify is required to play songs).
- To vote on a song, click the checkmark.
- You will then be able to see which song you voted for, share to Facebook or Twitter, and see overall voting percentage for the songs in that match-up.
- If a song you voted for moves on to the next round, you get awarded points. Your total point score will be visible on the www.MarchMusicMadness.com page in the top right hand corner.
- Click “Next” to vote on next matchup or click “Previous” to see what you’ve already voted for. You will only be able to vote on the match-ups in your chosen bracket (Team Guys or Team Girls)
- Continue until you've voted for all of the match-ups in the round.
- You will be notified via email when the current round is closed and you can come back to vote for second round!
- Once you return, you can see your point score in the top right corner (how many points you’ve received from the previous round) as well as which songs you picked correctly.
- The prizes that will be awarded after each round are outlined below.
- Winners with top point scores will be notified via email and/or Facebook after each round of voting.
- A leaderboard will be posted on the Gold’s Gym Facebook page each week.
- To vote for the next round, follow steps 1-7 above.
- Repeat these steps for each round until the Championship round!
Once voting is closed and a winner has been chosen, you will be alerted via email and can go back to listen to the winning song and check your final score!
- First Round of Voting
- Voting opens on March 17
- Voting closes on March 20 at 11:59pm EST
- Each correct vote receives 1 point
- If you have one of the Top 50 point scores after the First Round of Voting closes you will receive a Go-Green Grocery Tote. (ARV: $6.99)
- If there are tied scores for the 50th place score, all of the participants who tied at that point level will receive the prize.
- Second Round of Voting
- Voting opens on March 21
- Voting closes on March 24 at 11:59pm EST
- Each correct vote receives 1 point
- If you have one of the Top 25 point scores after the Second Round of Voting closes you will receive a Dad's Ol' Worn Out T-shirt. (ARV: $19.99)
- If there are tied scores for the 25th place score, all of the participants who tied at that point level will receive the prize.
- Sweet 16
- Voting opens on March 25
- Voting closes on March 28 at 11:59pm EST
- Each correct vote receives 1 point
- If you have one of the Top 15 point scores after the Sweet 16 round closes you will receive a Soft Fleece Drawstring Bag and a pair of Sol Republic Relays In-Ear Headphones (ARV: $99.98).
- If there are tied scores for the 15th place score, all of the participants who tied at that point level will receive the prize.
- Elite 8
- Final 4
- Voting opens on April 2
- Voting closes on April 6 at 11:59pm EST
- Each correct vote receives 1 point
- If you have one of the Top 5 point scores after the Final 4 Round closes you will receive 3 FREE Personal Training sessions at your local Gold’s Gym and a pair of Sol Republic Relays In-Ear Headphones. (ARV: $289.99)
- If there are tied scores for the 3rd place score, all of the participants who tied at that point level will receive the prize.
- Championship Round
- Voting opens on April 7
- Voting closes on April 10 at 11:59pm EST
- Each correct vote receives 25 points!
- April 11 Battle of the Sexes Ultimate Workout Song is announced and Grand Prizes are awarded!
- The person who nominated the Battle of the Sexes Ultimate Workout Song Champion receives 6 FREE Personal Training sessions and a pair of Sol Republic Relays In-Ear Headphones (ARV: $499.99) AND their charity of choice receives $5,000!
- If you have the Top score after the Championship Round closes you will receive 6 FREE Personal Training sessions at your local Gold’s Gym and a pair of Sol Republic Relays In-Ear Headphones! (ARV: $499.99)
- If there is a tie for the Top point score, the first tie-breaker will be the participant who chooses the Battle of the Sexes Ultimate Workout Song correctly.
- If both participants chose the Battle of the Sexes Ultimate Workout Song correctly, the second tie-breaker will be the total point score each participant earned in the First Round of Voting.
- Sponsor: The “March Music Madness” (“National Contest”) is sponsored by Gold's Gym ("Gold's Gym" or "Sponsor"), 4001 Maple Ave, Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75219. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest. All federal, state, provincial and local laws apply. Void outside of the US and where prohibited by law. Facebook and Spotify is neither a sponsor of this promotion nor have any responsibilities regarding its conduct or administration.
- Eligibility: You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and 18 years or older at time of entry to be eligible to enter. You have a registered account on at least one of the following social media sites: Facebook. Employees of Gold's Gym and Gold Gym Franchisees and any advertising agencies, or promotional suppliers or persons involved in any part of the administration and execution of the National Contest (collectively known as “Contest Entities”) and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of any such employees are not eligible to enter.
- Winner Notification: Potential Winners will be notified via the email account provided at time of Entry within three days following the end of the round. If the notification is returned as undeliverable, or if no response is received within three days, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner, time allowing. If necessary, three alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Winner will be required to provide an active email address in order to be contacted for eligibility verification and prize award fulfillment. Limit one prize per person. If there is a dispute as to who is the Potential Winner, we will consider the Potential Winner to be the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter the Sweepstakes. If a winner chooses to decline a prize for any reason, or fails to comply with any other requirements, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest vote total. Noncompliance with these Official Rules, return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, or inability of Sponsor to contact a winner will result in disqualification and another winner will be notified. If you are confirmed as a winner of this contest:
- - You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- - You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner.
- - Odds of winning will depend on the number of contest participants.
- Conditions. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, whose decisions are final and binding. Participation in National Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes the winner's permission for Sponsor to use his or her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by the winner regarding the National Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, contestants agree on their behalf, and on behalf of their respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in National Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any National Contest -related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to randomly select a winner from among all eligible Entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and we may ban you from participating in any future promotions. If entrant does not comply with these Official Rules, or attempts to interfere with this National Contest in any way, she will be disqualified.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the entry. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the National Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this National Contest should (in its sole discretion) fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the National Contest. In such case, Sponsor may, at its discretion, select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received unaffected by the problem. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the National Contest. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this National Contest or these Official Rules (“Claim”) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules and must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this National Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ENTRANTS WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS MEMBERS OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM OR IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THE PERPETRATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- List of Winners: For the names of the winners, available after April 14, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Gold’s Gym 2014 March Music Madness Contest, 4001 Maple Ave, Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75219. Requests must be received by May 20, 2014.
- The winning charity must be classified 501(c)(3) with the US Government.